4/21/2014

Peek Behind the Curtain


I am a strong and opinionated woman.

   That being said, it doesn't mean that I don't have my own set of doubts, fears, and insecurities. I also have those days where you're so tired (emotionally, spiritually, and physically) that you don't want to climb out of bed. 

   Am I living my life and following Christ as I ought? Does my life reflect His glory, grace, and love? Will people receive me well if I fail at a responsibility? Am I capable of rising to the occasion if I succeed? Do I have the fortitude to carry on if no one is there to catch me? Am I considered reliable? 
Does that cute guy across the room notice me? Will I ever find a man to love deeply? Will I be able to find a man who accepts all of my quirks and challenges me not to settle?

   The questions are never ending. Some days they get the best of me. Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it. Giving up appears to be the easier path to take, but it is oh so deceiving. A false sense of security. 

   Surrendering one's self to Christ is such a constant battle. Sanctification is an ever on going process.

   How do I manage to get out of bed on those miserable mornings? Through God's strength! He surely knows that I cannot muster it myself.
   How is it that I can look myself in the mirror at all? His mercies are new every morning!

"Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and bitterness. 
Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me.
This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.
The Lord's loving-kindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." 
Lamentations 3:19-23 NASB 

   As we remember the day that Christ sacrificed his life and bore the ENTIRE SIN of the WORLD on his shoulders, to die on the cross, and buried sin in death. Let us not forget that we only have hope because Christ ROSE from death, VICTORIOUS, in turn giving us also victory over sin and death.

"By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him." 
1 John 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment