12/30/2012

On A Journey


   So many times I'm at a loss on how to begin...where to start. I look back to that key post I shared, One of Those Days, and where I am now and all I can do is sit back in awe. I've come a long way since then and yet I'm still learning. Some of them are the same lessons and others are new ones I've picked up along the way. God is continually working on me, bringing things to light, and showing yet another area that needs to be strengthened. I've been through so many changes, opportunities, and new experiences. I've grown and been blessed in so many different ways. God has me in a constant state of amazement. I don't deserve all that I have! I've grown and yet in some ways I feel that I've strayed. Do you know what I mean? My personal devotional life with Christ has suffered much in the past year and yet it's been in this past year that I have been so blessed. How can He continue to abundantly bless me when I give him so little in return?
Have you ever really stopped to think about what a gracious and awesome God we serve?

So much time has passed since I last blogged here...so much has happened. I probably won't go in depth about it all now, but instead save it for another post. Since last time though I've had 2 birthdays, got my first job outside of my own entrepreneurial adventures, am now on my second job working at the Answers In Genesis Creation Museum, joined a Bible study group of young adults, and have been visiting a church fairly regularly for the last 3-4 months. Life has not been slow.

Some days it's difficult to see what's right in front me, others I don't even have the strength to get up on my own. Sometimes the road is rocky and am easily bruised.


"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body." 2Corinthians 4:8-10

It's not the end! There is hope! There is a light at the end of the long, dark tunnel!


"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal wight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not see are eternal." 2Corinthians 4:17-18 KJV

I am on a journey...the journey of life.








1 comment:

  1. You are a sweet writer Amanda! I loved this. So real, vulnerable, honest, and inspiring! Keep on writing girl! I'll be a faithful follower. :) Don't forget to link this to your HSA account. :)

    ReplyDelete